NDIS - Dietetics
At Accelerate Nutrition, we are passionate about helping NDIS participants achieve their wellness goals, while boosting independence and self-esteem. Our dietitians are motivated, caring and highly experienced – it is our mission to help our clients enhance their health and wellbeing through our nutrition services. Accelerate Nutrition Dietitians are registered providers of the NDIS.
In your NDIS plan, dietetic services can be claimed under the following groups:
– Improved health & wellbeing
– Improved Daily Living
– Assistance with Daily life
We are currently seeing NDIS participants in all Melbourne districts and some regional areas in our clinics or via home visits. We are also seeing participants through our telehealth clinic and over the phone.
We can help you with:
– One on one consultations and meal plans for a range of food, nutrition, medical concerns and weight management.
– Cooking and nutrition workshops for groups or individuals
– Supermarket tours/workshops and independence with food services
– Healthy eating advice and other nutrition services
– Dietary management of gastrointestinal disorders and food intolerances/allergies.
– Specialised nutrition support for individuals with disabilities
– Management of enteral nutrition regimes
– Fussy / picky eating or limited dietary intake that can result in nutritional deficiencies.
– Nutrition for recovery of wounds and skin pressure injuries
– Nutrition for the healthy growth of children and adolescents
– Management of weight loss and weight gain impacting quality of life.
Our Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) are university-qualified professionals that have undertaken four to five years training from an accredited dietetics course. They complete continuous professional education to ensure they stay up to date with nutrition research. APDs offer credible and trustworthy information and are experts in the area of nutrition and food science.
Please fill out the NDIS referral form below to start engaging with our dietitians.
We will be in contact shortly after the form is submitted.
Alternatively, you can contact us via phone or email.
What happens after we receive your information? Once this referral is received, we will make contact to develop a service agreement. The agreement will need to be approved and signed before any services commence. We will work with the NDIS participant and their decision maker to ensure the agreement meets their needs to organise the best supports available.