NDIS - Nutrition & Dietetics
Our NDIS Registered Dietitians support independence and wellbeing
At Accelerate Nutrition, we are passionate about helping NDIS participants achieve their wellness goals, while boosting independence and self-esteem. Our dietitians are motivated, caring and highly experienced – it is our mission to help our clients enhance their health and wellbeing through our nutrition services.
We focus on the individual with consideration of their complex needs
Our Dietitians have experience working with a wide range of disabilities, including but not limited to:
- Intellectual disabilities
- Learning and cognitive disabilities (e.g autism spectrum disorder)
- Motor neuron disease
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- Psychiatric and mental health conditions (e.g. schizophrenia, depression)
- Cerebral palsy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
- Down syndrome
We provide a wide range of nutrition services
- Personalised consultations and meal plans for a range of food, nutrition and medical concerns
- Cooking and nutrition workshops for groups or individuals
- Supermarket tours/workshops and developing independence with food services
- Nutrition assistance with special diets for those with swallow or chewing impairments
- Dietary management of gastrointestinal disorders and food intolerances/allergies.
- Management of enteral nutrition regimes (e.g. PEG feeding)
- Fussy / picky eating or limited dietary intake
- Nutrition for recovery of wounds and skin pressure injuries
- Nutrition for optimising healthy growth of children and adolescents
- Management of weight loss/gain impacting on quality of life and physical or social function
- Guidance with menus and meal planning for group homes and larger facilities, including training and education with carers and support staff
We are flexible in our service provision and offer a supportive and caring environment
We are currently working with NDIS participants in metropolitan Melbourne and Shepparton (including surrounds). We can visit you at your home, group home, larger residential facilities or at our clinic locations (Glenroy, Dandenong or Brighton East). We also offer phone or video consultations.
In your NDIS plan, dietetics services can be claimed under the following groups:
- Improved health & wellbeing
- Improved Daily Living
- Assistance with Daily life
Dietitians at Accelerate Nutrition are NDIS registered providers.
Please fill out the NDIS referral form below to start engaging with our Dietitians.
We will be in contact shortly after the form is submitted.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0431379237 or email [email protected]
Our Accredited Practising Dietitians (APDs) are university-qualified professionals that have undertaken four to five years training from an accredited dietetics course. They complete continuous professional education to ensure they stay up to date with nutrition research. APDs offer credible and trustworthy information and are experts in the area of nutrition and food science.